Welcome to Robotic Bean Support!
Portatron installation guide
Portatron comes in three flavours: VST3 and AAX (Win/Mac), and AU (Mac).
When buying directly from Robotic Bean, you will receive a license key that can “unlock” Portatron from the Demo Mode. If you got Portatron from a third party store, you will receive an activation code, which you can enter into Portatron to issue a license key.
Follow these steps to install Portatron on your computer:
- Download the installer package. Links to the packages were included in the email from the shop, or you can download the demo.
- If you are on a Mac, open the installer package dmg (disk image file).
- Double-click to launch the installer, and follow the instructions.
- Open your DAW of choice.
- Create a track with Portatron.
- In the Display, click Activate.
- Enter the name you used when buying, and the license key or activation code you received by email. If you got Portatron directly from Robotic Bean’s shop, please make sure to use the same spelling as it appears in the email.
- Click Activate.
- If you entered an activation code rather than a license key, Portatron will ask for your email and contact Robotic Bean’s server to automatically issue a license and unlock Portatron.
All done! Your licensed copy of Portatron should now be installed.